please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:31am 
   Myriad Forum
   Virtual Singer
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues  (Read 5628 times)
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues  
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 5:39pm »
Quote | Modify

Yes, I DO hear the difference on your wav files, VS is starting to sing one bar before music, and file length is shorter. But NOT on my wav exports.

If we want Myriad fix the problem, they must reproduce it on their computer.
So I tried different way to play / export voice with or without music, voice and music separately, in different frequencies

And all my export (outside HA) and play (inside HA) are synchronous : same duration

I CAN'T reproduce the problem, and I'm afraid it'll be the same for Myriad team.

We have same OS, I set the same parameter than you, normalizing process changes nothing.

I keep tracking this bug, as I've already heard VS and music not synchronized, but we have to find what exactly cause this.
Random things ? A phoneme ? A parameter somewhere ?

Last thing, if you use Melody, I must try Melody.

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
Daniel Frouvelle
Board Master

WWW | Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 6:40pm »
Quote | Modify

Je t'envoie en message privé un fichier myr avec lequel les exports 44 et 48 ne sont pas synchronisés de mon côté (win7. HA 9.9.3e 64). Merci de tester de ton côté.
Arietta
Board Newbie

WWW |

Re: Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues   RawMVS_and_VOCALOID_Rend._Comparison.mp3
« Reply #17 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 7:42pm »
Quote | Modify

on Mar 18th, 2021, 5:39pm, Sylvain Machefert wrote:
Yes, I DO hear the difference on your wav files, VS is starting to sing one bar before music, and file length is shorter. But NOT on my wav exports.

If we want Myriad fix the problem, they must reproduce it on their computer.
So I tried different way to play / export voice with or without music, voice and music separately, in different frequencies

And all my export (outside HA) and play (inside HA) are synchronous : same duration

I CAN'T reproduce the problem, and I'm afraid it'll be the same for Myriad team.

We have same OS, I set the same parameter than you, normalizing process changes nothing.

I keep tracking this bug, as I've already heard VS and music not synchronized, but we have to find what exactly cause this.
Random things ? A phoneme ? A parameter somewhere ?

Last thing, if you use Melody, I must try Melody.

Have you played the files together? If you align the waveforms at the beginning of each track and then play, you'll see that VS goes off time pretty quickly. The VS render is a raw export from MA. However you could crop out the rests and align VS with the instrumental or original vocal but I should not have to do that. Even with that it could slow down or speed up during phrase which is definitely not happening to only me.

USER OF VOCAL SYNTHESIZERS
- VOCALOID 2-5
- Synthesizer V Studio
- CeVIO CS7 & AI
- DeepVocal
- Myriad Virtual Singer
Arietta
Board Newbie

WWW |

Re: Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues   Edited_Comparison.mp3
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 7:44pm »
Quote | Modify

Here is an audio file when I edit VS up to the end of the first chorus of Silence.  Image of a DAW view of the edit: ->https://imgur.com/a/DOhvfBj
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2021, 7:45pm by Arietta » offline

- VOCALOID 2-5
- Synthesizer V Studio
- CeVIO CS7 & AI
- DeepVocal
- Myriad Virtual Singer
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #19 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 7:59pm »
Quote | Modify

on Mar 18th, 2021, 7:42pm, Arietta wrote:

Have you played the files together? If you align the waveforms at the beginning of each track...

Yes, in a sound editor, I mixed 50% of VS with 50% of music, your files are not synchronized, mine (exports of Digital Girl by HA) are perfectly synchronized.

I'm going to test Danièl's file

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Arietta
Board Newbie

WWW |

« Reply #20 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 8:07pm »
Quote | Modify

on Mar 18th, 2021, 7:59pm, Sylvain Machefert wrote:

Yes, in a sound editor, I mixed 50% of VS with 50% of music, your files are not synchronized, mine (exports of Digital Girl by HA) are perfectly synchronized.

I'm going to test Danièl's file

Could you send me a render of Digital Girl on your end? I want to test mix it into the instrumental and compare.

- VOCALOID 2-5
- Synthesizer V Studio
- CeVIO CS7 & AI
- DeepVocal
- Myriad Virtual Singer
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #21 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 8:17pm »
Quote | Modify

Danièl,
J'ai testé ton fichier en 44.1 et 48kHz
Tout est bien synchronisé chez moi

I tested Danièl's file in 44.1 and 48kHz, voice and music are perfectly synchronized.

Here is Digital Girl.zip, VS and music in 44kHz
(I just changed the instrument from piano to organ, easier to distinct voice and music)

ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #22 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 8:33pm »
Quote | Modify

I did not follow all the details of this, much goes far too high above my head...  

But I wonder of the "sampa" marks in bars 8 and 15 of Digital Girl. The source shows braces { } so that the score shows brackets [ ] - and displays/print the sampa in any case. This is unusual, what's the reason for that.  
And I have an impression of different durations when I revert that back to the usual notation.  

FWIW  

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
Arietta
Board Newbie

WWW |

Re: Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues   Digital_Girl_Mix.mp3
« Reply #23 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 9:06pm »
Quote | Modify

on Mar 18th, 2021, 8:17pm, Sylvain Machefert wrote:
Danièl,
J'ai testé ton fichier en 44.1 et 48kHz
Tout est bien synchronisé chez moi

I tested Danièl's file in 44.1 and 48kHz, voice and music are perfectly synchronized.

Here is Digital Girl.zip, VS and music in 44kHz
(I just changed the instrument from piano to organ, easier to distinct voice and music)

So I'm still going through the ropes for mixing, please mind the not perfect mix. But now that I'm mixing it, your render in fact does have timing issues. https://imgur.com/a/e1Spjg2 This type of thing does not happen in lots of other vocal synths.

One thing I should have put there is that VS has an irremovable reverb. That's one of the things that made mixing this a bit difficult.  

- VOCALOID 2-5
- Synthesizer V Studio
- CeVIO CS7 & AI
- DeepVocal
- Myriad Virtual Singer
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues   Digital_Girl_mix.mp3
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18th, 2021, 11:51pm »
Quote | Modify

To remove the "unremovvable" reverb, go to Score > Edit global digital effects (or something like that) and uncheck reveb and surround.

Here is the mix of music (with reverb) + VS without reverb.
(sorry for compression, to respect 1MB limitation of the forum)

Aren't they perfectly synchronized ?

My wav files have the exacte same weight (in bytes), duration, they mix perfectly

Arietta
Board Newbie

WWW |

« Reply #25 on: Mar 19th, 2021, 12:38am »
Quote | Modify

on Mar 18th, 2021, 11:51pm, Sylvain Machefert wrote:
To remove the "unremovvable" reverb, go to Score > Edit global digital effects (or something like that) and uncheck reveb and surround.

Here is the mix of music (with reverb) + VS without reverb.
(sorry for compression, to respect 1MB limitation of the forum)

Aren't they perfectly synchronized ?

My wav files have the exacte same weight (in bytes), duration, they mix perfectly

They are perfectly synched, but how come when I mixed the instrumental and VS, they weren't. I had to crop in between rests and since I didn't use Vocalshifter, my program where I "tune" VS, some phrases slowed down or went fast like "hello, nice to meet you" for example?

- VOCALOID 2-5
- Synthesizer V Studio
- CeVIO CS7 & AI
- DeepVocal
- Myriad Virtual Singer
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Update Virtual Singer and Fixing the Most Prominent Issues   hardware-config.png
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19th, 2021, 8:46am »
Quote | Modify

how? because there is a bug somewhere and we are tracking it...
I already heard a bug of VS not synched with music on my computer, but I can't reproduce it those days.

So we may have something in our configs that makes the difference, and we are looking for it.
Probably something related to audio rendition that we don't think it has impact on VS calculation, or something f*cking random.

You and Danièl have bugs. I had but I don't have anymore.
We are in 64bit.
Myriad HQ enabled (trial for you), so that's not MyriadHQ fault.

In setup > hardware setup (or something like that), I'm on Microsoft sound mapper. And you ?
I tried loudspeakers or headset and that's doesn't make changes.

This could take time until we find what is different from my config to yours.
I'm trying to find the setup that brings back to the bug, and you are trying to find the setup that removes the bug.

Daniel Frouvelle
Board Master

WWW | Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 19th, 2021, 5:18pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour Sylvain je viens de faire un test sur le même fichier sur un autre ordinateur (win7 64b). J'ai le même problème. J'en déduis que la carte son n'est pas en cause. Dans la boite de dialogue de l'export cocher ou pas la case "fichier de taille exacte" ou bien "normaliser" ne change rien. Lors de ton test as-tu bien regardé la synchronisation à la toute fin de la musique?
Amistats, Danièl.
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #28 on: Mar 19th, 2021, 6:18pm »
Quote | Modify

Merci Danièl pour ces tests, on va continuer à creuser...

Oui, j'ai bien regardé et écouté la synchro au début et à la fin, aux reprises après ton instrumental ou après le silence dans le Digital Girl d'Arietta.

Arietta
Board Newbie

WWW |

« Reply #29 on: Mar 20th, 2021, 6:02am »
Quote | Modify

I've been looking around in the settings and the manual, but oh my God, I can not find anything about fixing some sort of delay!! Have you and Andre found anything? I tried looking in the digital output settings but nothing! Same in the parameters of VS. I tried switching to UK English to see if anything might change but the delay issues are still there.

- VOCALOID 2-5
- Synthesizer V Studio
- CeVIO CS7 & AI
- DeepVocal
- Myriad Virtual Singer
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad