please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:48am 
   Myriad Forum
   Open Source
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Galerie, iPads & Event Photography
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Galerie, iPads & Event Photography  (Read 9477 times)
Darby
Board Newbie

Galerie, iPads & Event Photography  
« on: Jul 26th, 2010, 5:04pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi.  I want to use iPads to display photos to clients while on location and I'd like to do so without having to be online.  Will this software allow me to create the galleries on my iMac and then "share" the galleries on the iPads using my iMac's IP address? I do not want to have the galleries on the internet but rather only on a local network  I will be using PhotoMechanic to injest, cull & crop the photos & then drag the folders into Galerie.  I will also have a wireless router.  

I just need to have my clients see the photos (including the file #) on the iPads ... before I download & start exploring the software I would like to know if it will fit my needs.

Thanks!

Darby
Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

Re: Galerie, iPads & Event Photography  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26th, 2010, 10:54pm »
Quote | Modify

I doubt that Galerie is the best solution.

But why don't you simply download and try Galerie with a few photos and a few different templates, and see if the generated galleries are how you would want to show your photos on your iPad?  Or click here to search Google for galleries that were created by Galerie and that were published on the web, to see what they look like.

The photos will need to be rather small to be shown on the gallery web pages on the small iPad screen. The photos are only a part of the gallery web pages that will be shown in the browser window, with text and links or buttons and other decorations on the pages.

You can publish galleries on your personal web server on your iMac and view them with a web browser (like Safari on the iPad) on your LAN (and on the internet if you allow access from the internet). See the information in the file index.html in the Web Pages folder in your Home folder on your iMac.

It is possible that navigating in galleries created with some templates will not work as expected in Safari on iPad, especially when they involve mouse over/up/down/etc. scripting. The iPad does not use a mouse and cursor.

Ronald.
Darby
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27th, 2010, 3:27am »
Quote | Modify

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions - I appreciate it.

I have downloaded the software & generated a gallery within minutes - so it's very easy to use.  I will search through the various templates to see if there's one that will allow for just the photo and the file number ... or something very minimal in terms of buttons/text.

The photos that will be shared/exported to the iPads will be no larger than 600x800 & likely 70% quality as I will need to move them over quickly/have them load quickly.

I'll look into publishing the galleries on my iMac's web server ... that's what I want to do but don't know how.  Then it's just a matter of the iPad's browser using the iMac's IP address using a LAN to view the galleries.  What I'd like to have is much like on my website - a homepage with the various galleries ... click on a gallery & see the photos.  This, along with an index link to take viewers back to the homepage is all I need ... that and the ability of the clients to see the file # associated with the photos.

I'll take a look at the templates to see which ones would be best served for the iPads given the lack of cursor & mouse & hopefully, the software will allow me to generate 3 or 4 galleries on one homepage.  But, like you said, it may not be the best solution ...

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Take care,

Darby

on Jul 26th, 2010, 10:54pm, Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:
I doubt that Galerie is the best solution.

But why don't you simply download and try Galerie with a few photos and a few different templates, and see if the generated galleries are how you would want to show your photos on your iPad?  Or click here to search Google for galleries that were created by Galerie and that were published on the web, to see what they look like.

The photos will need to be rather small to be shown on the gallery web pages on the small iPad screen. The photos are only a part of the gallery web pages that will be shown in the browser window, with text and links or buttons and other decorations on the pages.

You can publish galleries on your personal web server on your iMac and view them with a web browser (like Safari on the iPad) on your LAN (and on the internet if you allow access from the internet). See the information in the file index.html in the Web Pages folder in your Home folder on your iMac.

It is possible that navigating in galleries created with some templates will not work as expected in Safari on iPad, especially when they involve mouse over/up/down/etc. scripting. The iPad does not use a mouse and cursor.

Sarra24

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16th, 2010, 11:25pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

Thank you. Useful information for me.
MarcopoloF
Board Newbie

Mojave 10.14.16)  
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30th, 2023, 6:00pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi,
I've just downloaded Galerie on my Mac (10.14.6 ).
I've selected photos in Photos and click and the button to generate the galerie ('Générer galerie' in my French one).
I am asked to choose a target file for images, I do it and the, I get following error message :  
Apple script error. The image_path variable is not defined (-2753).
What do I have to do ?
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« No topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad