Myriad Forum « How do you revise default mediafiles folder location? »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:49am 
   Myriad Forum
   Open Source
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   How do you revise default mediafiles folder location?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: How do you revise default mediafiles folder location?  (Read 5459 times)
flyingbits
Board Newbie

How do you revise default mediafiles folder location?  
« on: Nov 1st, 2010, 3:35pm »
Quote | Modify

I can't seem to figure out (without manually changing hundreds of Page_#.html files)  is how to change the default mediafiles link generated by Gallerie.  Below is a sample of the script generated by Gallerie in the page file:

<script type="text/javascript">writeQTobject("../mediafiles/mymovie.mov", "480", "286");</script><br>

I use a remote server for my .mov files and this is what works if I change every page file:

<script type="text/javascript">writeQTobject("http://206.248.171.73/../mediafiles/mymovie.mov", "480", "286");</script><br>

My website host does not provide media streaming services.  I have set up a remote Quicktime streaming media server to host my .mov files and keep all the other Gallerie files (thumbnails. pages, indexes, etc) on the website host.  

It works perfectly -- if I change every page file to show the correct URL.  This is tremendously time consuming.  

Is there a way to revise something somewhere in the template or script to generate script to point to my preferred URL instead of to the local mediafiles folder?  

Any help would be most appreciated.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

Re: How do you revise default mediafiles folder location?  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 2nd, 2010, 3:28pm »
Quote | Modify

Depending on the settings in the main window, Galerie will place and expect media files in the gallery folder or in the mediafiles subfolder. There is no way to change that in Galerie.

Changing the link in the page files does not need to be time consuming. With any text editor that can do a batch find-replace action on multiple files it can be done in seconds. TextWrangler is an example of a free text editor that can do that.

Ronald.
flyingbits
Board Newbie

Re: How do you revise default mediafiles folder location?  
« Reply #2 on: Nov 2nd, 2010, 7:52pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you for your speedy reply.  Love the program and will use a text editor as you suggest.  Thanks very much.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad