please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:46am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   SFZ soundfonts?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: SFZ soundfonts?  (Read 1502 times)
theclarkster
Board Full Member

Email

SFZ soundfonts?  
« on: May 11th, 2018, 1:34am »
Quote | Modify

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a way to use SFZ soundfonts as custom instruments.  I can get SF2 soundfonts to load just fine, but haven't had any luck with SFZ.  As an experiment, I installed the plogue sforzando vst and attempted to load one in through myrsynth with no luck.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!
stephane
Board Newbie

Re: SFZ soundfonts?  
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2018, 6:56am »
Quote | Modify

Hello

Try this:

1. Go to menu: Configuration > Global setup > External modules
2. Click Add button and select the folder where plogue sforzando vst file is installed
3. Click Check button. If checked, you'll see a new line displayed in the bottom area (#1 VST sforzando ..........)
4. Click Ok  

Now add a new staff

1. Go to menu: Instruments > Relate staves-Instruments
2. Select the instrument name and click Edit button
3. Select External module in the appropriate dropdown list (sforzando will be displayed in the left panel)
4. Select sforzando and Custom Line, then click Edit button. Sforzando interface will be open. Then choose and load your sfz file (select INFO button and drag & drop your .sfz file into sforzando screen)
5. Click Ok (bottom right) to close sforzando. Ok once again to close Staff Instrument Editing window. Click End to close last window.

The staff is ready. Works like a charm with me.

Hope this helps.  

Tip: you can create a dedicate folder to copy/paste the vst file of sforzando. Sometimes Harmony Assistant crashes because it tries to load not compatible vst file if available in the same folder. The idea is to isolate the .dll (if windows user) or .vst (if osx user) file in a specific folder with only this file and to select this folder in HA setup.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2018, 7:02am by stephane » offline
theclarkster
Board Full Member

Email

Re: SFZ soundfonts?  
« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2018, 10:25am »
Quote | Modify

Stephane,

Thanks for your help!  The VST itself appears to load just fine (I can see the interface and all of the buttons appear to work).   Unfortunately, Sforzando refuses to load any samples.  It's strange because the same samples work just fine if I load them in the standalone application.  If I could get it to work, I'd easily drop the money and buy a license to MyrSynth.  I'll keep fiddling with it.  Thanks again!

Travis Clark

EDIT: Strange.  The VST doesn't look like it's loading the sounds, but if I click ok and close it out, the file is indeed using the right sounds.  Crazy!
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2018, 10:31am by theclarkster » offline
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad