HomeProductsDownloadOrderSupportSearch

Myriad Forum « Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1 »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:23pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1  (Read 6242 times)
Geo
Board Master

Re: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1  
« Reply #15 on: Sep 2nd, 2018, 9:11pm »

Quote:
... Je me demande toujours pourquoi Windows 10 ne trouve pas le dossier ACAMPREF, car je le vois là sur le disque dur.

Il n'y a pas de raison, il devrait le trouver. Je viens de faire une recherche avec succès sur deux installations.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2018, 10:28pm by Geo » offline
Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

Re: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1  
« Reply #16 on: Sep 3rd, 2018, 4:33pm »

on Sep 1st, 2018, 3:43pm, musikus wrote:
I send it the
GENERAL.CFG
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\ACAMPREF\Myriad

You misunderstood the procedure. We don't need your General.cfg file. It's the other way round: you need to get the file we are providing.

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

Re: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1   GENERAL-en.zip
« Reply #17 on: Sep 3rd, 2018, 4:42pm »

For the English speakers:

A few details:  

- If you have a public (32 bit) version installed on the same session, preferences are shared. Changes made using the 64 bit version will affect the 32 bit version, and vice versa

- The registration codes for 32 bit version will work on 64 bit until the beginning of October. If you didn't enter any code, the 64 bit version is in trial version

- If you only installed the 64 bit version, it won't start because of the icon set problem described in the 2nd message of this thread. In this case, please apply the following procedure:

In the Windows taskbar, in the "Search" or "Execute" field, enter:
    %APPDATA%
    then press the Enter key
    In the window that opens, open the ACAMPREF folder, then Myriad
    Unzip the file attached to this message and copy the GENERAL.CFG file included in the archive to the ACAMPREF\Myriad folder
    Run Harmony Assistant 9.8.2 alpha 1 - 64 bit

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
musikus
Board Senior Member

« Reply #18 on: Sep 4th, 2018, 7:12pm »

hi, you can find all folders and files with this program.
It is very fast and very good

Programmname
Everything

LInk
https://www.voidtools.com/
brewt
Board Newbie

brentishere
WWW | Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 11th, 2018, 10:23pm »

Loading Kontakt 5 (64 bit) is very slow to start with, and it seems to dump the samples between plays, as it reloads them. It retains it for score editing, but once play is hit, it dumps them and reloads them.
Also: changing one's mind, to say, Chromaphone 2 (64-bit) does not seem to take as long, but again, there's a delay between play-pushes, suggesting there is a reloading of some kind going on.
IL Harmor loads, but does not make sound.
TruePianos is functional.
The test button doesn't seem to work on VSTi's. At least, not mine.
As I get more time with it, I'll test more plugins.
It doesn't seem to like some of my stash, but I can't tell which ones its crashing on when scanning; it only says "initializing" without an indication as to where it's at.
muddle
Board Senior Member

Re: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1   2_speed_mozart.mp3
« Reply #20 on: Sep 12th, 2018, 12:43am »

Hi Brewt,  to my surprise and delight Kontak 5 seems to work  with this version.   But as you say it reloads on each play.  
 Using task manager it seems that it re-loaded another 14 Mb each start.  This is with a fairly sophisticated violin and would be less with a simpler instrument.  But sooner or later memory is going to run out.  
The older HA version with  this VST used up all memory after a just a few plays! So it's moving in the right direction. As long as you gigs of memory it is workable now.

However listen to the bit of music above ... I don't think Mozart meant it to sound like this!  The  VST solo violin plays at true speed but the rest at half speed (at least I think it must be that).  
I think this problem may have occurred in earlier versions.
I guess it will be fixed again.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2018, 12:44am by muddle » offline

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
muddle
Board Senior Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 12th, 2018, 1:56am »

Oh, light dawns.   The timing is correct if you have digital sound and change one of the staves to the VST.   It's when you use midi sounds instead of digital that the timing goes wrong.   Will have to send to Guillion Bros.

Muddle

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
muddle
Board Senior Member

Re: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1   corrected_moz.mp3
« Reply #22 on: Sep 12th, 2018, 2:50am »

Or it seems, just change one of your midi staves to HA digital sound.  
Sounds great....  
I should still our programmers about this.

David

brewt
Board Newbie

brentishere
WWW | Email

« Reply #23 on: Sep 20th, 2018, 11:19pm »

I had a chance to try a few more vstis.
Biotech 2, absynth, fm8, massive, zebra2, wusikstation, dune2 and falcon all work.
East-West Play 5 loads, and even loads symphonic choirs, but, like with Kontakt, it seems to be retrying to reload the samples every time play is pressed, only no sound happens.
Spitfire Labs crashes the program, then, trying again later, loads but says something has gone wrong, then crashes everything.
Engine 2, which is flighty anyway, loses the connection to authorization, and fails to load any samples. Not unusual for that plugin, even in daws.
It seems that if the plugin performs computational synthesis, it works, but if it’s sample-based, it keeps recalling the load sample programming.
Also, there seems to be a limitation on the number of times one can change one’s mind: changing the patch or even the plugin doesn’t seem to work after a few (as in, maybe 3-4) tries.
It’s getting there. If this works, you’ll be giving finale a run for its money.
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

« Reply #24 on: Sep 24th, 2018, 2:10am »

on Sep 12th, 2018, 1:56am, muddle wrote:
Oh, light dawns.   The timing is correct if you have digital sound and change one of the staves to the VST.   It's when you use midi sounds instead of digital that the timing goes wrong. . . .

There is a setting to introduce a delay into the MIDI channels to coordinate them with the digital instruments.  Go to "Configuration > Hardware configuration" and adjust the delay on each MIDI channel that you are using to something that works.  I'm afraid you're going to have to experiment a bit to find the appropriate delay for your computer.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2018, 2:11am by PaulL » offline

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
muddle
Board Senior Member

« Reply #25 on: Sep 26th, 2018, 11:55pm »

It would be nice if it was just that PaulL.   I have used the basic hardware timing adjustment  for years as I sometimes co-ordinate up to 7 different midi and vst-midi ports with HA digital.  They can be hundreds of milliseconds different.  

However the new 'external' vst system, I believe, writes to  buffers which are integrated with the  standard digital buffers.  
But I'm sure our programmers will sort it out if there is any problem.   They really, really,  know their stuff!  

David L.

PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

« Reply #26 on: Sep 28th, 2018, 3:05am »

Ah, well.  And here I was so excited to have been able to do you a good turn.

Actually, HA is so complex it's amazing that more things don't go wrong more often.  A tribute to our favorite brothers, that.  

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
amichon
Board Newbie

Email

Re: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1   Harmony982Icones.jpg
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:28pm »

Bonjour,
Je suis utilisateur de Harmony depuis très longtemps sur windows XP, 7 & 10, et Linux Mageia et ubuntu.
Je viens d'installer la 9.8.2 alpha sur un windows 7. Le jeu d'icones est le truc moche que j'ai déjà vu ici et là dans le passé, impossible à changer car le choix jeu d'icones a disparu dans la liste des options Configuration générale?
J'avais déjà eu un problème similaire avec le 9.8.1, mais j'avais pu changer de jeu d'icones.
Alain M.

Oliveira
Board Master

Re: Alpha-testers needed: pre-version of Harmony Assistant / Windows / 64 bit / v9.8.2 alpha 1   Dock2.png
« Reply #28 on: Nov 25th, 2018, 6:33pm »

Desactive Dock. Volverán las paletas anteriores.

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
Bhudy
Board Junior Member

« Reply #29 on: Jan 15th, 2019, 8:43pm »

Bonjour,
Je suis sur Windows 10, version 64 bits. Je possède HA, version 32 bits.
Je n'ai pas beaucoup testé la version 64 bits. Ma question: y a-t-il pour moi un avantage quelconque à posséder la version 64 bits? Si il y en a, quel sont-ils et est-ce que cela vaut la peine de payer une nouvelle licence?

Merci de répondre à ma question.

Bhudy
Pages: 1 2 3  | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad