please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:32am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Making a multitrack recording using HA?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Making a multitrack recording using HA?  (Read 272 times)
David_Hood
Board Full Member

Making a multitrack recording using HA?  
« on: Nov 10th, 2018, 12:04am »
Quote | Modify

Dear All

I have an SATB choral piece which I want to record using multitracking (I have only one female vocalist to do both S & A, and one male vocalist to do both T & B). I'll get the vocalists to sing the parts into whatever program I use. I wondered whether this was something I could do using HA? And if so, whether someone would kindly send me a link to the appropriate instruction page?

With thanks

David
bubu42
Board Master

Re: Making a multitrack recording using HA?  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 9:45am »
Quote | Modify

I guess you'd be using HA to "set the time" and play the music, while each vocalist sings and is recorded on a digital track, using headphones to hear the music.
So, I suggest this :
1- Once the score is loaded, you can determine what staves are to be played (use the loudspeaker icon in the icon bar).  
2- Instead of using the space bar to play the music, use the last tool in the "Record tools" palette (see in the windows menu) and the second tool to allow the digital recording. The vocalist will hear HA's music but his voice will be recorded to a new digital track (actually two, as it is stereo recording)

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
David_Hood
Board Full Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2018, 3:32am »
Quote | Modify

Thanks, Bubu42. That worked very well.

I wondered if you could please tell me how to copy tracks from one fiel to the other. I recorded the female voice on one file, then saved it, then created another and did the male voices. Now I would like to combine the two, or import/copy one to the other so they are both in the one document.

With thanks

David
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19th, 2018, 9:41am »
Quote | Modify

If you've exported the tracks to .wav or other digital sound format, how about creating a new score with as many digital tracks as needed, then importing the sounds to each ?
Click on the staff where you want to import the sound data and do Edit>Digital Track>Import (or right click on the staff to get the same menu).

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
David_Hood
Board Full Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19th, 2018, 10:09am »
Quote | Modify

Thanks - works very well!
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad