please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:53pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Re: Page 2 should also be 5 groups
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Page 2 should also be 5 groups  (Read 1315 times)
Oliveira
Board Master

Re: Page 2 should also be 5 groups   33_River_Flows_In_You2.myr
« on: Nov 21st, 2018, 12:53pm »
Quote | Modify

Supongo que se trata de alguna importación.
Yo lo que suelo hacer es desactivar la maquetación de origen. Anular todos los fines de línea y página. Luego la maqueto a mi gusto. Partitura: "Modo Grabado" para el espaciado y en Pentagramas, generalmente le doy un tamaño estandard (72) y el mismo (72) en las Opciones de impresión. Luego, ya todo pasa por jugar con los fines de línea.
Le reenvío su archivo que preparé unos pocos minutos. (Falta por poner algún arpegio y ajustar algunas cositas. También ajusté los márgenes manualmente.) En el apartado de maquetación, H.A. es un programa que permite mucho juego.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018, 1:06pm by Oliveira » Logged

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
bubu42
Board Master

Re: Page 2 should also be 5 groups   33_River_Flows_In_You01.myr
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21st, 2018, 1:06pm »
Quote | Modify

I've taken a quick look at the score.
First, I set the paper size to A4, set the margins to 1cm and asked the system to justify the groups on the page.
Then I got rid of some little things :  
- the name of the composer which was both in the general field and inside a free text object. I erased the free object.
- near the end, there were arpeggio effects in double or triple occurrences for the same notes. I erased the useless ones.
- there were several new page marks here and there which caused the score to be displayed on more than three page.
I also enlarged the staff area of the very first group so as to display the tempo mark in a better location and relocated some of the pause symbols.
Now, I think the thing looks better. Hint : at the top of page 3, there is a cautionary display of the time change in bar #20. If you feel it is not really necessary, you can gain a little room in the first line : right click on the clef in bar #20 and uncheck the "cautionary display..." line in the popup menu.
I attach the file (I added "01" at the end of the filename or else the system wouldn't take it)

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
musikus
Board Senior Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22nd, 2018, 7:21am »
Quote | Modify

o lo que suelo hacer es desactivar la maquetación de origen. Anular todos los fines de línea y página

How can I do this?
Thanks
musikus
Board Senior Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22nd, 2018, 7:32am »
Quote | Modify

Many many thanks for the help.

>there were several new page marks here and there which >caused the score to be displayed on more than three page

How can you make the visible?
How can I delete them?

Thank you for your great help
Frank
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22nd, 2018, 7:51am »
Quote | Modify

They are visible in the ruler above the first staff.  
To hide/show the ruler in page mode : Ctrl+T.  
To delete them, right click on the ruler : in the popup menu that will appear, uncheck the corresponding line.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22nd, 2018, 9:22am »
Quote | Modify

on Nov 21st, 2018, 12:26pm, musikus wrote:

Unfortunately that does not work:
Force number of Groups per page ...

This script, and the companion "force number of bars per line", are very elementary. They work through forcing "end-of-line" and "end-of-page" marks as hard-coded settings.  

And apparently this is is not reset by a second call to the same fucntion.  

If you remove the "end of page" marks on bars 28 and 41, you'll have what you want (the one at end of measure 16 does not hurt if you don't add measures).  

While HA can do much (everything and even more), the weakness for simple lay-out functions in a big inhibitor for an "edit for print" activity.  

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
musikus
Board Senior Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22nd, 2018, 10:10am »
Quote | Modify

Many thanks all.

You are great
DANKE
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

Re: Page 2 should also be 5 groupsation  
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23rd, 2018, 11:40am »
Quote | Modify

on Nov 22nd, 2018, 9:22am, Andre_B wrote:

While HA can do much (everything and even more), the weakness for simple lay-out functions in a big inhibitor for an "edit for print" activity.  

I must however be honest and mention a script (by Danièl Frouvelle) "Page Setup" ("Mise en page") in the "Notation" folder, which many people seem to find efficient.  

But I couldn't get to understand it yet.

Oliveira
Board Master

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23rd, 2018, 1:31pm »
Quote | Modify

on Nov 22nd, 2018, 9:22am, Andre_B wrote:

Pues vea que yo ahí, no estoy de acuerdo con usted. Yo considero a H.A. un programa muy capaz y versátil para ajustar cualquier tipo de maquetación. Y bastante fácil (si se sabe).. ;D
Yo utilizo mas de un programa (famosos) y no me parece a mi que sean tan flexibles intuitivos y rápidos como H.A. en esa tarea precisamente. H.A. falla lamentablemente en otras áreas, pero en esa, no lo creo. ;) ;)
Y como regalo, está el Script de Daniel F. que es fantástico.  
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2018, 1:33pm by Oliveira » Logged

www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23rd, 2018, 8:12pm »
Quote | Modify

on Nov 23rd, 2018, 1:31pm, Oliveira wrote:

Well [...] I do not agree with you. I consider H.A. a very capable and versatile program to adjust any type of layout. And quite easy (if you know)
I use more than one program (famous) and it does not seem to me that they are as flexible, intuitive and fast as H.A., in this task precisely. HA fails lamentably in other areas, but in this one I don't think so.
And as a gift, there is the Daniel F. Script that is fantastic.

Pepe, I don't want to contradict your experience and feeling, but efficiency is something quite personal, and mine are different. Perhaps that's only a matter of learning curve, perhaps I was alreadY too old to climb a new one with HA, having started earlier with another software which had a completely different approach to layout (number of measures per staff and systems per page being the "root layout figures").  

Now, I take HA for what it gives me, mainly Virtual Singer and Myrweb (for which I gained experience in scripts and a "one system per page" layout) and this is rewarding.  
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2018, 8:14pm by ANdre_B » Logged

Oliveira
Board Master

« Reply #10 on: Nov 24th, 2018, 12:28am »
Quote | Modify

Quote:
Pepe, I don't want to contradict your experience and feeling

¡Oh!. No se preocupe usted. El mejor programa es el que se adapta a tus necesidades. Y sí, es cierto, que cuando uno aprendió ciertos mecanismos de un programa, cambiar es complejo. Yo llevo 14 años con H.A. Pero también llevo varios años, 8 con Sibelius y 12  
 con Overture.. Al principio empecé con Finale 2 años, pero lo dejé por H.A. Y sé de que pié cojean. A Harmony le falta pulimento y arreglar algunas cosas básicas que son un desastre. Pero en conjunto es una obra maravillosa de programa y todo su entorno de utilidades satélite que tiene: Caso de Kooplet, Myrweb,(Musl) Pdf to Music, Melody Player etc. lo hacen muy singular. Un abanico impresionante de importación y exportación. Los Scripts... En fin, es una pena que no esté un poco mas refinado y pulido. Podría ser el número uno. Estoy muy seguro.
Un cordial saludo compañero.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2018, 12:30am by Oliveira » Logged

www.atrilcoral.com /
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

« Reply #11 on: Nov 24th, 2018, 4:47pm »
Quote | Modify

I notice that measures 29 and 41 have the "End of page after this bar" option checked.  If you uncheck them (you can do it individually, or use the command "Score > Page mode setup > Force number of groups per page" and set it to 0), HA rearranges the score into three pages with five systems each.

In general, I tend not to worry about the layout until just before printing, because every edit affects these things.  I sometimes find it useful to use "Force number of bars per line," but in the kinds of scores I produce, "Force number of groups per page" just isn't that useful for my purposes.  I prefer to go through the score page by page and adjust each one individually.

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26th, 2018, 2:31pm »
Quote | Modify

on Nov 24th, 2018, 12:28am, Oliveira wrote:

¡Oh!. No se preocupe usted. El mejor programa es el que se adapta a tus necesidades. Y sí, es cierto, que cuando uno aprendió ciertos mecanismos de un programa, cambiar es complejo.  
(...)
En fin, es una pena que no esté un poco mas refinado y pulido. Podría ser el número uno. Estoy muy seguro.
Un cordial saludo compañero.

Indeed, Pepe. I fully agree.  

musikus
Board Senior Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27th, 2018, 12:15pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks again for the help
Frank
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad