please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:04am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Short-cuts: Advanced Editing \ Raccourcis: Edition avancé
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Short-cuts: Advanced Editing \ Raccourcis: Edition avancé  (Read 331 times)
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Short-cuts: Advanced Editing \ Raccourcis: Edition avancé  
« on: Jul 31st, 2019, 6:31pm »
Quote | Modify

on Aug 27th, 2018, 8:29pm, PaulL wrote:
... I want certain shortcuts to be applicable with either Shift key, so I can use whichever is closest to hand in context, but the keyboard shortcut editor insists on distinguishing between them.

Do you know of a way to tell HA to use either, instead of only one or the other?  
I understand that the current setup effectively increases the number of available shortcuts, but what I want should be easy to program as an option.

I also wonder if it would be possible to distinguish between the right-hand and left-hand Ctrl and Alt keys, as well?

You can implement a short-cut utilising either Left-Shift or Right-Shift by editing the relevant (custom) data file.  

If you do not already have such a file, create one by Alt_C   k (Configuration > Edit keyboard shortcuts)
  At this stage it is useful to de-clutter the file, high-lighting each shortcut that is not required and using the Clear button. Save your file with a relevant name.

It will also be useful in later experiments to clear all shortcuts (except, perhaps, one or two of interest). Save this file with the name Null.

Open up your data file:  Help > Open "Myriad Documents" folder > Settings > Keyboards
Double-click on your filename.  At this point, Windows is going to complain that it doesn't know how to open it.  
Associate this type of file (.kbd) with a simple text editor (Notepad) - Windows 10 will suggest some possible "Apps".

Scroll to find your required function (this is where a de-cluttered file is helpful)  

The required function call is duplicated by cut'n'paste, changing the second key-code status (modifier):

ToucheDebut  
    Commande "NOM_DE_FONCTION"  
    Modifiers 512  
    Midi -1  
    Clavier 123  
  ToucheFin  

ToucheDebut  
    Commande "NOM_DE_FONCTION"  
    Modifiers 8704  
    Midi -1  
    Clavier 123  
  ToucheFin  

The "modifier" changes by 8192 (Hex 2000, 213).  For some unknown reason (historical legacy?), the original status code 512 (Left-Shift) must be retained.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2019, 6:33pm by Tony Deff » Logged

Anglophone, HA 64 Win.10, amateur composer.
La musique classique est ce dont vous attendez toujours qu'elle se transforme en mélodie
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Alt and Ctrl keys  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31st, 2019, 8:40pm »
Quote | Modify

On UK keyboards, the Right-Alt key is engraved "Alt Gr" and accesses a few extra characters (shown in blue in Andrés' post: www.myriad-online.com/images/forum/Clavier_UK-US.png ).  
In the Short-cut Editor, it is a "NO-OP" key: Alt Gr_A is rejected as a duplicate short-cut of A.
You will notice that there are no Alt combinations in the Default shortcut file.

Most Alt combinations respond with a musical sound, because they are used in the main menus (underlined characters such as Configuration Alt_C)

However, a few are accepted: D, P, the Arrow keys and many in the Numerical Keypad (including Num Lock!)  
 (There are very strange quirks using Alt_Num 5, P, Q , and U.)

All Control-key combinations are rejected by the short-cut editor.  

However, in the Default file there are 4 codes assigned to note-head shapes. If these are removed, they can only be added back by manual editing of the data file.  
Other exceptions may be possible, but they cannot be quickly found using the keyboard editor.

Such exceptions allow us to identify the key-code modifiers:

512   Left Shift
2048   Alt
4096   Control
8704* Right Shift  

These are presumably called Keyboard short-cuts because there is a possibility to assign short-cuts to Midi keys (How?)

La musique classique est ce dont vous attendez toujours qu'elle se transforme en mélodie
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

Re: Short-cuts: Advanced Editing  
« Reply #2 on: Aug 2nd, 2019, 1:55pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you, my friend, for your thorough research.  I will be looking into all this with great pleasure.  

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Missing Short-cuts / Fonctions sans raccourcis   Split_screen_shortcuts_test.png
« Reply #3 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 1:46pm »
Quote | Modify

on Aug 13th, 2018, 11:32am, Andre_B wrote:
Dans les menus standards, certaines fonctions ont des raccourcis clavier, d'autres pas ...  
Mais il semble qu'il ne soit pas possible de définir ses propres raccourcis pour les fonctions des menus qui n'en ont pas, alors que les raccourcis sont possibles pour tous les scripts...

(In standard menus, some features have keyboard shortcuts, others don't ...  
But it seems that it is not possible to define our own shortcuts for menu functions that do not have one, yet shortcuts are possible for all scripts ...)

Je ne parle pas "Script": do the "Commands" within keyboard data files (.kbd) have any relation to those in Myrscript?    
Would it be possible to add additional commands to a (.kbd) file?

It appears not from this experiment:  
We know that it is possible to split a window in H.A.  horizontally or vertically, but only horizontally using a keyboard short-cut.

After having modified my data set Null.kbd , I went looking for the command containing the word "Horizontal", with the intention to duplicate it but substituting it with the word "Vertical".
There is no command "CMD_xx_Horizontal",  simply "CDM_DIVISE_AIRE"  (mis-spelt, yet it still functions!)
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2019, 6:40pm by Tony Deff » Logged

ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

Re: Missing Short-cuts / Fonctions sans raccourcis  
« Reply #4 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 7:01pm »
Quote | Modify

on Aug 3rd, 2019, 1:46pm, Tony Deff wrote:

Je ne parle pas "Script": do the "Commands" within keyboard data files (.kbd) have any relation to those in Myrscript?    

Definitely not. The commands available in a .kbd file are mostly (if not always) in French. Myrscript verbs are English-based (perhaps continental English...).  

This does not exclude some occasional similarity.  

I did not find Myrscript equivalents for Area Divide etc. Myrscript essentially concentrates on score contents rather than screen layout, though it knows some "Window" parameters such as scale, visible palettes, etc.  

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

Re: Missing Short-cuts / Fonctions sans raccourcis  
« Reply #5 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 7:07pm »
Quote | Modify

on Aug 3rd, 2019, 1:46pm, Tony Deff wrote:

Would it be possible to add additional commands to a (.kbd) file?

It appears not from this experiment:  
We know that it is possible to split a window in H.A.  horizontally or vertically, but only horizontally using a keyboard short-cut.

¨
Probably, but one needs to know what to write, and syntax errors in a .kbd file are lethal.  

There might be a verb such as  

CMD_DIVISE_AIRE_VERTICALEMENT   -- or is it CDM ?  

I see somewhere to check further, that would be for tomorrow. Nothing found, sorry.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2019, 3:15pm by ANdre_B » offline

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad