please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:49pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   topline
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: topline  (Read 630 times)
Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

topline  
« on: Nov 27th, 2019, 12:23am »
Quote | Modify

Hi there,

It\s been a while since i posted something here. I am sorry, but i have a hard time searching the posts, since they are in French,..i dont know the words to look for...

What i am looking for is this:
I have a number of files (say 50) that i want to make a book from. I would like all those pages to have the same lay-out, most importantly, i want the top line of bars to be at the same height. Can someone tell me how i can do that? Or where i should look for a solution?
thx a lot!

New on the forum. I have used HA for a while, but still have lots of questions! Sorry for flooding the forum with them,..
Lagaffe
Board Master

Bricoleur DPLG

Email

Re: topline   Capture_d__cran_2019-11-27___07.06.55.png
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27th, 2019, 7:10am »
Quote | Modify

J'utilise souvent le script "mise en pages" pour formater une partition:

En haut du script un clic croit sur le modèle (ici "proto 4 voix") fait une grande partie du travail de mise en page, en concordance avec le modèle choisi.

Hélas je ne saurais pas donner la liste des éléments du modèle copiés dans la partition en cours.

Pourquoi faire simple... Quand on peut faire compliqué ?
iMac 27 4GHz 24Go DDR3, Macbook pro
HA 9.9.7e
Melody Player
Mac OS Monterey
bubu42
Board Master

Re: topline  
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2019, 9:26am »
Quote | Modify

I also think that Danièl's script is by far the best solution. (Scripts>Notation>Score>Page Setup).  
You can make up your own model from an existing score you like : open the file, then save it with another name (ex. "model01") in the models folder (User\My Documents\Myriad Documents\Settings\Models\...).
Once you have a model, for each score you only have to open the file, run the script and load the model (blue arrow on the top line of the script window).
Note : you can also create a model directly within the script (still from the top line) based on an existing score.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2020, 12:12am »
Quote | Modify

Thx for your replies people. I dont think i have used scripts before,..and i dont believe i understand hwo this works.

I think i made a model,... but i am not sure. I saved a file in the models folder. Is this now a model?

After that, i opened another score. But how do i "run the script"? What i tried caused several errors. The first one was that apparently i needed a bmp file. (does a model have to be a bmp file? seems weird?)

Thx for helping!

New on the forum. I have used HA for a while, but still have lots of questions! Sorry for flooding the forum with them,..
Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2020, 12:38am »
Quote | Modify

I might know what the problem is. There is a picture in the model. Could it be that then the script doesnt work? (modified: i removed the picture from the model, the thing about bmp files is gone, but it still crashes)

And another, related question:  
if i only have two lines on a page, HA sometimes puts those lines really far apart from eachother. I cannot find where to change that. Where can i find that in general, and where in the script?

thx!
W
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2020, 2:27am by Cooper » offline

bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2020, 9:41am »
Quote | Modify

As for the picture in the model, I don't think it is an issue for the script as it doesn't interact with such objects, as far as I know.
As for the two lines on a page and their location, you can try this :
Score>Page mode Setup : in the third section of the dropdown list, uncheck the "justify groups on the page". But remember that this applies to all the pages, so you may need to readjust all the other pages. There is another trick, when the last page of a score contains few groups : increase the staff area of the last group, until the vertical spacing looks nice. To do so, show the control handles with Ctrl+T, and drag down the little blue square at the bottom of the icon bar (in the left margin of the group) while presing the Ctrl key  (or else it will be applied to all the groups of the score).
Last tip : you can attach your model file to a post, so that we can try it out with the script.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2020, 10:18am »
Quote | Modify

on Jan 3rd, 2020, 9:41am, bubu42 wrote:

Score>Page mode Setup : in the third section of the dropdown list, uncheck the "justify groups on the page". But remember that this applies to all the pages, so you may need to readjust all the other pages. There is another trick, when the last page of a score contains few groups :  

The same "justify" options in "Page Mode Setup" are also in "File Menu/Printing Options", but more complete and - I think - more clearly presented. There you can tick "Justify Groups on the Page" and eventually "Not the last page".
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2020, 10:19am by ANdre_B » offline

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2020, 12:10pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks a lot, André.
I had completely forgotten about the "not the last page" option in the printing options window. I should advise that path more often ! By the way, it does work fine with a one page score, where the first page is actually the last one too.

Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

« Reply #8 on: Jan 4th, 2020, 12:22am »
Quote | Modify

on Jan 3rd, 2020, 10:18am, Andre_B wrote:

The same "justify" options in "Page Mode Setup" are also in "File Menu/Printing Options", but more complete and - I think - more clearly presented. There you can tick "Justify Groups on the Page" and eventually "Not the last page".

That worked. A bit messy, but it did the job thx!

Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

Re: topline   Schermafdruk_2020-01-04_00.41.32.png
« Reply #9 on: Jan 4th, 2020, 12:42am »
Quote | Modify

This is the model i am trying to use.

This is the error i get if i use the model with picture

Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

Re: topline   Model_opmaak1.myr
« Reply #10 on: Jan 4th, 2020, 12:58am »
Quote | Modify

i cant add the model with picture, it is too large,..

Here it is, without the picture.

Thx for al the help, people!

Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

« Reply #11 on: Jan 7th, 2020, 5:05pm »
Quote | Modify

Can i assume you guys gave up as well? ( i dont blame you)
W

Lagaffe
Board Master

Bricoleur DPLG

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 7th, 2020, 6:15pm »
Quote | Modify

Your last file does not look like a model (should be empty, no notes) but like a song.
Can you describe exactly hat do you want to have: page setup, included bmp... Or at least join the file you want to have as a model.

Pourquoi faire simple... Quand on peut faire compliqué ?
iMac 27 4GHz 24Go DDR3, Macbook pro
HA 9.9.7e
Melody Player
Mac OS Monterey
bubu42
Board Master

Re: topline   Model_opmaak1_00.myr
« Reply #13 on: Jan 7th, 2020, 6:18pm »
Quote | Modify

Of course not !
I've used your "model" and added a small picture element (at random, it happens to be a cello), saved it, restarted HA and re-loaded the file. It worked well.
So... I've attached the file to this post. Try loading it into HA. If it works, it'll mean that the issue is caused by the picture element you used in the original file. If not, there must be something wrong with your copy of HA.
Anyway, as you can't attach files over 1MB on this forum, you can still contact Myriad and attach the file to your e-mail, describing the issue.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2020, 6:18pm by bubu42 » offline

Cooper
Board Junior Member

WWW |

Re: topline   Schermafdruk_2020-01-07_23.22.15.png
« Reply #14 on: Jan 7th, 2020, 11:23pm »
Quote | Modify

on Jan 7th, 2020, 6:18pm, bubu42 wrote:
Of course not !
I've used your "model" and added a small picture element (at random, it happens to be a cello), saved it, restarted HA and re-loaded the file. It worked well.
So... I've attached the file to this post. Try loading it into HA. If it works, it'll mean that the issue is caused by the picture element you used in the original file. If not, there must be something wrong with your copy of HA.
Anyway, as you can't attach files over 1MB on this forum, you can still contact Myriad and attach the file to your e-mail, describing the issue.
\

Thx for sticking with me!

I tried your model, but i get the same error,...

Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad