please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:10am 
   Myriad Forum
   PDFtoMusic / PDFtoMusic Pro
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   changing computer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: changing computer  (Read 1702 times)
Lia
Board Newbie

changing computer  
« on: May 4th, 2019, 4:15pm »
Quote | Modify

Hope you are well.
I have a question .
hello, I bought a new computer and trying to work with my bought version of pdf to music, and my free version of harmony assistant.
I have opened pdf to music pro. but it doesnt let me register with my  paid registration cod...

also I am trying to work with the purple version and i have exported notes to Harmony. but I am opening only the demos in harmony when pressing open.
while in PDFTM the notes are in export pdftm file..so I do not find the notes I am sending from PDFtm in Harmony in order to transpose..
It is some time since I have worked on my programs and a bit rusty.
I have a concert this week so it is really urgent.
What should I do ?
Best regards,
Liat
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2019, 4:28pm by Lia » offline
JLS
Board Full Member

Re: changing computer  
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2019, 5:38pm »
Quote | Modify

Voir Ici :
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/store/lostcode.htm

Windows 10 H.A. 9.9.4 64 bits V.S. PDFtoMusic Pro
Lia
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2019, 7:21pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you very much,
I have 2 questions :

1. I have looked in the link, how ever I didn't lose my registration number.
I have it. but the software doesn't let me in.
the pdftm pro respond after I put my number is that you cannot use a code in standard version in pdf to music pro.

since I changed my computer, it has been some time since I used it, and may have forgotten ,  
.is it not the right application ? should I use the purple one instead of the green ?  
which one is the bought version ?  

2. the other problem is in the purple version , this lets me in with out a problem, but when I send export to harmony, (free version),   it sends the file to the next file chain:  myriad doc -pdf to music - export.
when I open harmony in order to transpose it opens in Demo, and so the music notation doesnt appear there..

What can I do next ?  
Thank you veru much,  
Best regards,
Liat
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2019, 7:26pm by Lia » offline
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #3 on: May 4th, 2019, 8:04pm »
Quote | Modify

on May 4th, 2019, 7:21pm, Lia wrote:
Thank you very much,
I have 2 questions :

1. I have looked in the link, how ever I didn't lose my registration number.
I have it. but the software doesn't let me in.
the pdftm pro respond after I put my number is that you cannot use a code in standard version in pdf to music pro.

since I changed my computer, it has been some time since I used it, and may have forgotten ,  
.is it not the right application ? should I use the purple one instead of the green ?  
which one is the bought version ?

Actually, there are two -licensed- versions of PDFTM. The purple one is the "standard" version while the green one is the "pro" version. Of course, the registration codes are different. First, you could install both versions on your computer and see which one responds to the code you currently have. In case it doesn't work, follow the link given in the post above to get the code back : you'll need the e-mail address you used when registering (you may have changed addresses in the meantime...) To give you an idea, the standard license fee is 40 ¤ ($50) while the pro version is 199¤. Quote:

2. the other problem is in the purple version , this lets me in with out a problem, but when I send export to harmony, (free version),   it sends the file to the next file chain:  myriad doc -pdf to music - export.
when I open harmony in order to transpose it opens in Demo, and so the music notation doesnt appear there..
Well, there is no "free" version of Harmony Assistant, only a "demo" version. If I do remember well, there are few limitations in a demo version (mostly in the save, print and export functions). I have to check whether the limitations also apply to files opening. Make sure that you're opening the right type of file. A standard Harmony file has a ".myr" extension. As for transposing the music, I'm not sure it's allowed in a demo version. I know that you can't change the time signature but I'm not sure other functions (like changing clefs or keys) are allowed.
As for your .pdf file (the one that obviously needs transposing), if you're stuck and time is running very short for you, send me a private message on this forum (click on my pseudo)

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Lia
Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: May 4th, 2019, 9:16pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you very much for your fast replay, and special thank you for offering your kind help !

1.from your description it is easy to identify my pdftm kind.  

2.I have worked with Free , Demo harmony assistant for a long time , combining it with pdftm.

As you wrote it limits some functions, but there is no problem in transpose. I export from pdftm to harmony and than fast transpose on score file.  
it doesn't let me do more than one page at a time though.  

the problem is that in my last computer I would export to harmony and than would open harmony in file open, and the right note sheet would open.
now for some reason it is not opening in the same place where  the exported note sheet is  . so my most urgent question is how do I open my exported pdftm note file, in harmony if harmony opens in a different file- Demo ?  

Thank you very much again!  I will try tomorrow morning once more , and if I do not manage I will send you the notes tomorrow.  where is my pseudo ?  
Best regards,
Liat
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2019, 9:25pm by Lia » offline
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #5 on: May 4th, 2019, 11:13pm »
Quote | Modify

Well, I guess Harmony opens files in the current folder. In the "open file" window you can go up the folders (directories) to "Myriad Documents" then go down to PDFTM export folder.
As for the "pseudo" it is merely my user's name (sorry about mixing up French and English in the same post...) : Bubu42. If you want to send me an instant message, I think there's a link in the left margin of my message. By the way, you can't attach files to instant messages, but if needed I'll send you back an e-mail address where to join me.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2019, 11:15pm by bubu42 » offline

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Lia
Board Newbie

« Reply #6 on: May 5th, 2019, 6:04pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you very much for your fast, useful, and caring support !
with your guidance I have managed to resolve both issues.

So now all is OK  

Warm Regards,
Liat
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad