please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:47pm 
   Myriad Forum
   MyrScript Language
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Registration d'orgue
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Registration d'orgue  (Read 5338 times)
Daniel Frouvelle
Board Master

WWW | Email

Re: Registration d'orgue  
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16th, 2023, 11:25am »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour, On peut se souvenir qu'en 2013 avec l'aide de CRI-CRI notamment' ainsi que des frères Guillion, le script "Assembleur de registres" avait té mis au point. voir le sujet ICI
Amistats, Danièl.
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #16 on: Jan 17th, 2023, 12:32pm »
Quote | Modify

Merci Danièl !
Je l'avais loupé celui-ci, et je ne trouve pas le didacticiel PDF.

Il fait bien le job mais est complexe à prendre en main, même avec l'aide en ligne.
Bonne nouvelle, l'export audio et myrweb prennent en compte les registres, à condition d'avoir le script (ou la veille) ouverte.

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
Daniel Frouvelle
Board Master

WWW | Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 17th, 2023, 1:48pm »
Quote | Modify

Tu trouves le didacticiel sur http://dfrouvelle.myriad-users.com/archive/registres/Registres07-FR.pdf
Amistats, Danièl.
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

« Reply #18 on: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:25am »
Quote | Modify

Sylvain, organs are not standardized, so it is tricky to answer your questions precisely.

When I put an organ score into HA, I use separate staves for each vocal line, but that's not strictly necessary.  However, it seems most efficient to have as many staves as necessary to represent the keyboards (strictly speaking, the organ compartments) used.  So if the right hand starts on the Positif, but the left hand is on the Grand Orgue, and at some point the right hand drops to the Grand Orgue as well, that means having two separate staves for the right hand, each with the appropriate instruments.  What I do is pick an 8' stop as the base for each staff and then use rules (lois) for the additional stops.  If the registration calls for coupling another organ, then all stops have to be added to the laws for that staff.

My thoughts:

The way I do organ scores makes changing registrations in the middle of the piece rather difficult.  You can have separate staves for these changes, but it can quickly get confusing.  The Romantic repertoire gets very complex, and later composers even more so.  The Baroque composers were much more sparing of such changes, and variations of color were usually made by changing manuals.

What would be better, in my view, would be to have some way of indicating which measures a rule (loi) applies to.

One possible solution is to create a user-defined instrument for each of the main registrations, with supplementary instruments to accommodate the changes in registration.  Unfortunately, user-defined instruments increase the file size enormously, and also the sound doesn't last for sustained organ notes, which sometimes last for as long 12 or 16 full measures.  The Guillons would have to fix that, at a minimum, and I have no idea how complicated it would be to program in rules (lois) that apply only to certain measures.

I may have additional comments as I continue reading the thread, but I'll stop here for now.

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

Re: Registration d'orgue   A_Calm_Retreat__Bell_.myr
« Reply #19 on: Jan 23rd, 2023, 4:05am »
Quote | Modify

Here is a simple piece.  There are no changes of registration, but musical lines do move from keyboard to keyboard.

Note that I have separate staves for each musical line, so that means there are four treble-clef staves for the right hand (Swell I and II and Great I and II), four bass-clef staves for the left hand (Swell III and IV and Great III and IV), plus another bass-clef staff for the pedal.  In this score, the Pedal is the bottom line of the combined bass-clef staves.

You will notice that there are rules (lois) required to achieve the Swell (Pos.) and Pedal registrations.  This means that all the same rules (lois) need to appear on all four Swell staves.  The Pedal registration also requires a couple of rules (lois).  In the lowest musical line Ped. (pedaliter) indicates the notes that are to be played with the feet, and Man. (manualiter) indicates the notes that are to be played by the left hand.

For those not familiar with the English conventions, Gt. = Grand orgue, Sw. = Positif, and Ped. is of course Pédale.
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2023, 4:06am by PaulL » offline

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad