please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 11:11am 
   Myriad Forum
   Myriad HQ / Sound Bases
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Gold Sound Base sounds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Gold Sound Base sounds  (Read 1584 times)
Paulius55
Board Newbie

Gold Sound Base sounds  
« on: Jan 14th, 2021, 11:42am »
Quote | Modify

Hi, I have the Gold sound base and when I try out the samples they are really good and clear and in stereo but when I use them in a song they are not as clear as the samples and are in mono. Is there any way round this?
I tried using my favourite SoundFont instead and the piano sound was really good, but the lag was unacceptable and could not synchronise the singers with the piano.
muddle
Board Senior Member

Re: Gold Sound Base sounds  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2021, 10:42pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi Paulius55,  if you are using the piano soundfont  by sending midi from HA ,  you will have to set the timing of the midi port to synchronize the piano with the voices.  

The timing is set in HA's configuration > hardware configuration menu.  
I suggest 2 staves be set up. One with a piano HA digital instrument and a simple row of short notes.  

The other staff should be set to send  via the midi port you are using.  Copy the notes from the first staff.  

Play the staffs  repeatedly.  Each time move the slider below the midi port until the notes from both staffs sound as one.  
My slider is set at about 70 m.

Voice and midi piano should now sync.  

=================

I am amazed you can hear the HA samples in stereo. Please tell me how!  
 An ordinary HA staff is mono only and I assume the source file is also mono.

If you make two "user" instruments  using a soundfont stereo piano source file, you can use the left data for one instrument and the right data for the the second instrument.

Then play them with panning extreme left and right and you will  have a stereo output but it may be more learning than you want to cope with immediately!  

If any of the standard HA pianos appeals, you could try adding some surround effect to it.    The effect is not as good as it was, but may  add some width to the sound.  

muddle.

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
Paulius55
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2021, 12:11am »
Quote | Modify

Thank you for your help, I will try this out. When I say I can hear the samples in stereo it is when I select a sound and click the info button, taking me to the instrument home page. The test tune mp3 there is in stereo and very clear.

http://www.myriad-online.com/cgi-bin/instrumentinfo/instrumentinfo.pl?la ng=EN&id=3

For example.
Paulius55
Board Newbie

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2021, 12:46am »
Quote | Modify

Interestingly, I have just tried a midi piano on one stave and and HA on the other stave. I cannot get them to synchronise properly. However, the midi piano from the SoundFont source is played in stereo.
muddle
Board Senior Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15th, 2021, 2:02am »
Quote | Modify

Yes, The two staves will be offset in timing until  you set the slider compensation on the midi port being used.  

I must admit it's not that easy to hear/detect the displacement as you fine tune the position of the slider.  
I wrote down the slide figures as I closed in on the  amount.  

I wonder if there is a way to make a script to  automatically  find the slider value/delay.  

have fun.

muddle

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
muddle
Board Senior Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15th, 2021, 11:09am »
Quote | Modify

Extra note, .. the demo of the piano  has some reverberation added I think , and adding that would give realistic richness to your  digital piano sound.   There are separate ( adjustable) reverb effects you can paste in the staff, for one instrument,or use the master reverb  which will affect all instruments and any singing voices.

The final output of HA is a stereo channel ( normally)so that the mono instruments can have panning positions within the field of sound.  Hence why the demo is stereo.  

muddle.

Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15th, 2021, 3:25pm »
Quote | Modify

muddle is right

some of the mp3 demo have a light delay or reverb.

When you choose an instrument, on top of the list of instruments you have 3 buttons "Tremolo", "Vibrato", "Effect (FX)"
click on FX you can change the default reverb/delay/resonator/... of the instrument.

After setting the FX you want (or no effect at all), you can add FX on the score, for example for adding reverb on one bar, and remove it on next bar, like a electric guitarist switching one of his pedal on his pedalboard.

To do so, use the icon on the same palette where you have txt, chord grid, special beaming/slurs.

And you have the general effects : score menu > edit global digital effects

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad