Myriad Forum « Gold Sound Base Download or Folder Location? »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:06pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Myriad HQ / Sound Bases
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Gold Sound Base Download or Folder Location?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Gold Sound Base Download or Folder Location?  (Read 603 times)
Trinikitti Nya
Board Newbie

Nya!

WWW |

Gold Sound Base Download or Folder Location?  
« on: Mar 13th, 2022, 12:17am »
Quote | Modify

I can't seem to find where the Gold Sound Base sounds are located in the Harmony Assistant folder (not the Myriad documents folder). Does it even exist? I really want to use these sounds in DirectWave or something but I hope it's not in a special file type. Also, this is highly inaccurate and outdated:
Quote:
Can I download the Gold Sound Database?

No. The Gold Sound Database is about 300 Mb long. Using a 28Kbps modem, it would take about 30 hours to download...

1. It would take roughly 25 hours on an old modem
2. My 89.1 Mbps modem would take less than half a minute to download
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Gold Sound Base Download or Folder Location?  
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2022, 9:52am »
Quote | Modify

Hello,
If you are using Windows you can find the sound base in ACAMPREF folder : start menu > run > %appdata%
then go to ACAMPREF\Myriad\GMDigit

You can tell, in HA global settings, that the GMDigit directory is elsewhere. Useful if you have multiple Windows accounts on your computer.

Myriad sound bases are not usable in other softwares.
When I'll need to use together Myriad Gold sounds and VST and tons of effects, I'll work first in HA, export each staff in WAV, import each one as seperate tracks in a DAW like Reaper.
I'll also export some staves as MIDI to import them also in Reaper and connect VST instruments.
And I'll also use my microphones or my keyboard to record me playing, like "Digital tracks" in HA, but in Reaper.

If you want one Gold instrument as waves that your software or keyboard can use as a sampler, edit the instrument of a staff, switch to "User sound" (left top checkbox).
Here you have waveform for all sampled notes. If you only have one sampled note, go to global settings > Edit, uncheck "simplified mode of digital user instrument creation" (or something like that).
Under the waveform, you can export it to wav format.
I did it one simple instrument (a few notes, not multi-layered) to import them in my keyboard.

About the outdated FAQ question, where did you see it?
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2022, 9:57am by Sylvain Machefert » offline

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad