HomeProductsDownloadOrderSupportSearch

Myriad Forum « How to enter overlapping notes? and ties overlapping repeat bar-lines? »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 12:55pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   How to enter overlapping notes? and ties overlapping repeat bar-lines?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: How to enter overlapping notes? and ties overlapping repeat bar-lines?  (Read 1288 times)
KayDekker
Board Junior Member

WWW | Email

How to enter overlapping notes? and ties overlapping repeat bar-lines?   scrap.jpg (attachment deleted)
« on: Jun 17th, 2010, 10:49pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello everyone, congrats on the new improved HA!

I'm trying to input some harpsichord music from a score (by hand, I can't afford software to do it for me  ). I've attached a jpeg image as an example of my two problems.

1) There are overlapping dotted-crotchets (written on the score as tied crotchets and quavers), but I can't work out from the documentation how these can be input in HA. In general, how do you make chords where the notes aren't all of the same length, and/or start or finish at different times?

2) Also, I have the situation (one occurrence in the image, but throughout the piece) where a tied note crosses the beginning or end of a repeat section. Can this be done in HA, and if so, would someone please tell me how?

Applause from me to anyone who can recognise the work in question from the little image!  

Kay
bubu42
Board Master

Re: How to enter overlapping notes? and ties overlapping repeat bar-lines?   kd01.myr (attachment deleted)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2010, 11:35pm »
Quote | Modify

I think this can be done without too much trouble. (See attached file)
1- Simply input the notes as they are. For chords, the mouse pointer shows a little blue "+" when you try to add a note. Yet, when the notes are not the same length, it is often preferable to use several voices (merged staves) To do so, have the handles on (Ctrl+T if necessary) and click the red/blue triangle in the icon bar (in the left margin of each staff) Then you can toggle from one voice to the other. If necessary, you may have to use invisible rests to alogn the notes correctly.
2- HA makes a difference between ties and slurs. Personally, I hardly use anything but slurs. The tool is the 5th button of the miscellaneous palette. Each slur is editable (size, thickness, orientation, color, shape, bend, way to play it, etc.)
As for the last question, I'm afraid I won't get any applause...

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad