HomeProductsDownloadOrderSupportSearch

Myriad Forum « keeping bars/staffs layout steadyand aspect in different parts printed version »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:18am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   keeping bars/staffs layout steadyand aspect in different parts printed version
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: keeping bars/staffs layout steadyand aspect in different parts printed version  (Read 536 times)
lucabasano
Board Newbie

keeping bars/staffs layout steadyand aspect in different parts printed version  
« on: May 4th, 2021, 7:14pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi,
luca from Italy,
I need some help on  a piece of music I'm transcribing,
I'm searching a way to keep the exact layout(not only number of bars and staffs constant for page),the same spacing and aspect,
in a multi instrumental score,
even if I want to print only an instrument part,or a number of parts of it.

I've tried with different view,
spacing mode,
"force number of bars for line",
"forced number of staff for page",but the results are not good,
'cause the software,of corse,reorganize spacing and layout according only to the instrument parts shown,resulting in printed scores organized in a different way to the one containing all the parts.

I want to print the same "main score"(containing all the parts)
but just with some parts of it,
of corse at the cost of having some unused space on the page.

Thanks
luca
bubu42
Board Master

Re: keeping bars/staffs layout steadyand aspect in different parts printed version  
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2021, 11:21pm »
Quote | Modify

on May 4th, 2021, 7:14pm, lucabasano wrote:
Hi,
luca from Italy,
I want to print the same "main score"(containing all the parts)
but just with some parts of it,
of corse at the cost of having some unused space on the page.Thanks

Hummmmm, difficult topic ! It's like pouring one glass of Chianti into a bottle and expecting to have the same level in both.
Anyway, let's take up the challenge. First of all, make sure that the page layout of the conductor's score (with all the staves) is correct. Then, see that the last measure of each page is marked with a "new page after this bar" sign (in the ruler above the top staff). Save the file under a new name (e.g. myscore01.myr) as you'll probably have to make many trials and errors in the process. Then, use the Views menu to generate the new layouts. Normally, you should get the same span of music on every page, whatever the number of staves that are left. HA will add some "unused space" to space the lines evenly. Then report on the forum...

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
lucabasano
Board Newbie

Re: keeping bars/staffs layout steadyand aspect in different parts printed version  
« Reply #2 on: May 5th, 2021, 12:07am »
Quote | Modify

Hi,
thanks for quick reply,
interesting approach,
never use that option,
thanks for point it out,
once found that menu on the ruler,
I've made a step further,
and used even "last bar of the line"for each last bar of any single staff line,
it does look to work great!!!!!

I've not finished the definitive layout,none decided the various versions to be printed(so I've not completed yet my trials),
but it's a really good approach,
I'll eventually report next(in a couple weeks)any other details.
Thanks for great service!!!!
luca
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 5th, 2021, 6:53am »
Quote | Modify

I'm afraid that by doing so you are making your score too rigid. If it's to map a printed score, then maybe OK. But if the score is potentially adapted, per indication of the composer or the conductor, you'll be in trouble.  

The path I would explore is to mark all the elements of "hidden" staves displayed in white. That needs settings in different menus. And with a score with many staves, each will be at the same vertical position too.

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 5th, 2021, 7:01am »
Quote | Modify

Now, that was to answer your question. I'm not sure, all players will like your presentation. They will have the same number of pages than the conductor, while on usual part scores they will have quite less. And most musicians may complain they have to turn pages too often, since they have their hands busy (except perhaps the pianist who could have a page turner.  

Only singers have their hands free; but they are used to have scores with all voices on them.  

Frankly, if I was a conductor, I would love that all players had the complete score (with their part highlighted or at a larger size;). That would allow them to play together rather than separately; this is what singers do: they read as well the other staves as their own.  

« Last Edit: May 5th, 2021, 7:02am by ANdre_B » offline

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #5 on: May 5th, 2021, 9:53am »
Quote | Modify

André's reply does make a lot os sense. I suggested that tip about forced ens od pages as I thought your main goal was to have the same amount of pages for each musician. However, this is not the most "regular" way of printing scores. There are other tips available like using rehearsal marks, cue notes, bar numbering, etc. to ease things.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
lucabasano
Board Newbie

« Reply #6 on: May 5th, 2021, 1:21pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi,
Thanks for all replies,
Happy to have found this forum,
I'm gonna use it more in the future,
Hope to give my poor contribution too next,
Great remarks,
And transparent(white)unused staves it’s another good advise,
But for this time,
Scores with the same amount of pages
And turn the pages all together at the same time
It's exactly what I was asked for.
Thanks
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad