HomeProductsDownloadOrderSupportSearch

Myriad Forum « Re: Editing effects in Melody Assistant 7.9.5c with macOS 11.6.5 »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:30am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Re: Editing effects in Melody Assistant 7.9.5c with macOS 11.6.5
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Editing effects in Melody Assistant 7.9.5c with macOS 11.6.5  (Read 310 times)
rasalgethi
Board Full Member

« on: Apr 28th, 2022, 10:05am »
Quote | Modify

On a related issue I point out that, while in the above example a number of notes were selected on which to apply the proposed change, MA no longer allows for the selection of individual notes at all.

The program instead now insists on selecting the entire bar when a specific note on that bar is double-clicked in order to apply an edit to that note.

I’ve previously mentioned (on 28 March) that this also occurs when a rest is individually selected by a double-click.

As I seem to be the only person experiencing this issue I begin to wonder whether other users of MA 7.9.5c, with macOS 11.6.5, have had the same problem.
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #1 on: Apr 28th, 2022, 10:25am »
Quote | Modify

Try checking "Locked location".

When location is locked, no action (like clicking the note, transposing...) should reset ornament(effect) position to some auto-calculated value.

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
rasalgethi
Board Full Member

Re: Editing effects in Melody Assistant 7.9.5c with macOS 11.6.5   Symbol_editing__2.png
« Reply #2 on: May 1st, 2022, 1:35pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you very much, Sylvain. That worked.

The “locked location” option, though, was new to me. It wasn’t available in MA 7.6.5c (the version I was familiar with prior to updating to 7.9.5c eight weeks ago) and no doubt there are still things in the new version to be discovered, even if they’re as simple as finding a new Theme.

Although I’d accepted that my computer screen looked different under the latest version it was only after I’d explored Global Setup recently that I realised there was a better theme to use—Aqua 110 for macOS 11 —so at last things are now much easier to see.  

rasalgethi
Board Full Member

Re: Editing effects in Melody Assistant 7.9.5c with macOS 11.6.5   Symbol_editing.jpg
« Reply #3 on: May 1st, 2022, 1:44pm »
Quote | Modify

My apologies for accidentally deleting the image in my initial post:

Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad