please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:04am 
   Myriad Forum
   Other subjects
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   porting vocals to other vocal synths
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: porting vocals to other vocal synths  (Read 958 times)
rinrinv2lover
Board Newbie

porting vocals to other vocal synths  
« on: Jul 21st, 2021, 7:05pm »
Quote | Modify

is it alright to port other vocals to other vocal synths for easier use?  
eg; porting vsinger "Sydney" into UTAU for much more dynamic use and expression, and if permission was granted would it be ok to distribute the samples/voice for others to use  

i feel it would be really fun to use, actually! but i would like assistance first
Arietta
Board Newbie

WWW |

Re: porting vocals to other vocal synths  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21st, 2021, 10:42pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello, fellow vocal synth fan!   Judging from your user, I might know who you are.  

I see that you have also seen Sydney in the vocal synth twitter bot. First there is no Sydney voice. Sydney is probably the Sopranino preset.  

As for porting VS into UTAU and other synths, I don't know about that. I don't know if there is anything said in Myriad's EULA. That is something to take up to the Guillion brothers. Same with distributing the voicebank. Besides, I'm not sure how other engines would react to VS's noise. It's a different kind of engine noise. Also putting another synth into UTAU from what I heard goes against UTAU's terms.

You can use Vocalshifter to edit the voices instead! That is something I have been doing and plenty of people are using Vocalshifter to tune the AI synths like Neutrino and NNSVS. It has about the same UI as CeVIO and DeepVocal,  SynthV kind of,  so if you are familiar with them, you're good. Some tips, LOWER BREATHINESS TO ZERO IN VOCALSHIFTER AND PLEASE USE THE EQ AND REMOVE REVERB IN GLOBAL DIGITAL EFFECTS EDITOR.  

Feel free to contact me if you need more help or want to know tips!

USER OF VOCAL SYNTHESIZERS
- VOCALOID 2-5
- Synthesizer V Studio
- CeVIO CS7 & AI
- DeepVocal
- Myriad Virtual Singer
rinrinv2lover
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22nd, 2021, 12:58am »
Quote | Modify

thankyou!
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22nd, 2021, 5:27pm »
Quote | Modify

Virtual Singer is internal part of Harmony Assistant or PDF to Music.

I don't know how other vocal synth, some are probably VST.
I don't know if other vocal synth can import a MusicXML (containing notes and lyrics), or a MIDI/Karaoke file (.mid/.kar)
By the way, if some vocal synth can import MusicXML or MIDI, there is nothing about Virtual Singer inside, it's just notes and lyrics interprated by the software / synth you are using.

And for the "preset" (the predefined voice or the ones you can create), they can't be used in other vocal synth as I don't know any common format for all vocal synths.

More: some vocal synths use only formants (like Virtual Singer, others can use a ton of samples (and that's why they cost a lot of money for each voice).
Virtual Singer has a technology called RealSinger where you can record your own fragments/samples, and computer calculates something like the formants you used for this fragment, or something half-way between sample and formants. I'm not an expert and we don't have the source code

You can freely download RealSinger voices on the goodies page.

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
rinrinv2lover
Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22nd, 2021, 7:42pm »
Quote | Modify

wait thats really cool!! thankyou for this !
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23rd, 2021, 6:43am »
Quote | Modify

on Jul 22nd, 2021, 5:27pm, Sylvain Machefert wrote:

By the way, if some vocal synth can import MusicXML or MIDI, there is nothing about Virtual Singer inside, it's just notes and lyrics interprated by the software / synth you are using.
This is not exactly true. All "voices" parameters are in the XML export.  When you import in HA an xml created by HA, you don't lose the voice parameters. There are inside of <?Myriad></?Myriad>tags.  
Of cause in a non-standard form, since there is no standard. And I'm not saying that it would be easy for another software to decode it.
Quote:
More: some vocal synths use only formants (like Virtual Singer, others can use a ton of samples (and that's why they cost a lot of money for each voice).
I don't know if HA uses there own "formants", or if these are a common set of acoustic parameters.  
But the lyrics are described by fragments, and there cannot be tons of differences. There must be similarities since a HA fragment corresponds to a combination of a IPA symbol (via SAMPA) and a language - perhaps one IPA symbol might be translated into a few fragments.  
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2021, 6:55am by ANdre_B » offline

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad