please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:29pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Other subjects
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Piano music convention
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Piano music convention  (Read 496 times)
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Piano music convention   Right_hand_on_bass_clef.png
« on: Nov 18th, 2021, 10:00am »
Quote | Modify

Does the bass clef notate only notes played by the left hand, or does it show the lower chords, even if it "borrows" from the right hand?  
Which of the following two settings is typographically correct?

La clé de fa n'affiche-t-elle que les notes jouées par la main gauche, ou affiche-t-elle les accords les plus graves, même si elle «emprunte» de la main droite ?
Lequel des deux suivants est typographiquement correct ?

Anglophone, HA 64 Win.10.
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Piano music convention  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2021, 11:22am »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour Tony,

D'après mes souvenirs de mes cours de piano, les deux sont possibles.

Si une main joue ce qui est sur les 2 portées (pour une question de lisibilité), alors les tiges sont allongées pour traverser jusqu'à l'autre portée, quand cela est possible.

Cela dépend de la complexité de la partition, le 2e exemple est à mon sens plus lisible.

Mais, dans ton exemple, la main gauche peut tout jouer donc il n'y a pas besoin de cette complication.
Si la main gauche devait jouer un "la" du premier interligne (en bas) de la clé de fa, alors oui, il faudrait les 2 mains pour exécuter l'accord la/fa/la/do.

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

Re: Piano music convention  
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23rd, 2022, 2:49am »
Quote | Modify

Pianists generally play the bottom staff with the left hand and the top staff with the right.  Notes intended to be played by the "wrong" hand are indicated somehow.  The traditional abbreviations are "m.s." (manus sinistra, left hand) and "m.d." (manus dextera, right hand), or the equivalent abbreviation in the composer's language (m.g./m.d.; l.h./r.h.; etc.).

Organists are taught to play whatever notes they can with both hands indifferently, regardless of how they are written on the page.  In condensed scores, the bottom notes are usually considered to be the pedal part, but strictly speaking, the pedal should get its own staff.

I once asked my organ teacher about how to finger a particular passage, and his reply was it didn't matter; you just played the notes however you could!

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad