please Login or Register.
Apr 17th, 2024, 1:33am 
   Myriad Forum
   PDFtoMusic / PDFtoMusic Pro
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Stop exporter from assigning 80 as tempo everytime
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Stop exporter from assigning 80 as tempo everytime  (Read 870 times)
AndroYD
Board Newbie

Stop exporter from assigning 80 as tempo everytime  
« on: Jul 8th, 2020, 9:09am »
Quote | Modify

For some reason this software decides to assign 80 as tempo to every exported piece ( https://i.imgur.com/ybCUQW6.png ), is it possible to completely avoid this from happening?

Hello there! My name's Luca! I'm a friendly and empathic person, I alway try to understand the needs of the people around me and create good relationships, I can speak in english, italian, portuguese.
Didier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

Re: Stop exporter from assigning 80 as tempo everytime  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2020, 2:07pm »
Quote | Modify

Hum. Are you sure of this ? Even the provided demo files ?

Best regards

Myriad Team
Oliveira
Board Master

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2020, 4:08pm »
Quote | Modify

Esto si que es extraño. Generalmente, Pdf to Music, respeta el Tempi que contiene el Pdf importado.
De todas formas usted puede ajustarlo en la herramienta correspondiente que contiene el programa.

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16th, 2020, 4:53pm »
Quote | Modify

Does the general tempo of the score (Ctrl-Shift-T) match the setting of the initial tempo marking?  I wonder if the wrong setting is being picked up during the conversion.

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Oliveira
Board Master

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17th, 2020, 11:04am »
Quote | Modify

En realidad lo que marca Pdf to Music es el porcentaje del Tempo (100%) del original. Pdf to Music no es un editor propiamente dicho. Puede variar el tempo de reproducción a gusto pero es en porcentaje. La signatura es la que viene en el documento y en primera instancia, Pdf to Music respeta ese porcentaje de valor (100%). Por eso, cuando abre un documento, SIEMPRE Pdf to Music señalará 100. Se refiere al %. Respetando la velocidad del Tempo  original.

Esto es lo que creo. Si estoy equivocado, que alguien me corrija.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2020, 11:07am by Oliveira » offline

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17th, 2020, 11:43am »
Quote | Modify

I have also noticed the tempo being generally on 80.  

Obviously, Pdf2M can only provide data when it finds it somewhere.  
If there is nothing on the score, it cannot do anything else than will taking a default.  

There are literal tempo indications, such as Andante or Presto, which in theory could serve as a base. But this is text to analyze, and I don't think it does that. Anyway it would never be complete, there are so many variations and languages possible.  

The coded indication is generally in the form  "quarter note symbol", "equal sign", number.  

I have seen cases where this was interpreted correctly, as a local change to the general tempo of 80.  

Yesterday, I checked with a very clearly marked setting in an HA-generated PDF, (quarter = 100) but translated that simply as characters, with the a "d" for the quarter note, letter "o" for the two zeroes, and nothing for the equal sign or the "1".  

I think Pdf2M could do better. I have older versions somewhere, and will see if it was better in the past.  

As far as my expectations are concerned, I essentially expect 1. a correct transcription of the notes and rests, including the piano staves.
2. a good approximation of the lyrics, but except when it's Japanese or Arabic, they are quite easy to correct.  
3. a good approximation of slurs. This is what I'm missing most for the time being, but I understand it's not trivial.

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad